Adore Beauty Pty Ltd

Saturday 7 June 2014

Destination weddings are fun...

I jumped at the chance to head back to Pitlochry where my hubbie and I enjoyed our gorgeous log cabin honeymoon some 5 years ago.  Nicola who I had done bridesmaid make up for at Suzi's wedding back in 2011 had planned her wedding for the beautiful Atholl Palace so we packed up our weekend bags and headed to one of the most gorgeous parts of the country I have seen in a while. The Bluebell fields were astounding.




We stayed at the lovely Riverwood in Strathtay ran by Alf & Anne the food was amazing (Anne has earned her cooking stripes at the Nick Nairn School of Cookery), the decor was divine and the peace and quiet was just heavenly...I fell asleep to the calming sounds of the River Tay.  I highly recommend a visit here our room was serene with plush linens and driftwood furniture...I actually could have moved in.  We even had a little red squirrel join us out on the lawn while we had breakfast.  After Nicola's wedding Gary and I enjoyed a bottle of bubbles river side the sun was shining and the view was glorious.
Pre-wedding breakfast was yummy I also had pancakes and crispy bacon but was too busy eating to take a picture!


We decided to go a bit further a field and headed off to Aberfeldy for a look around and it was gorgeous!  First we popped into a minefield of gorgeous old and vintage items all clustered around the balcony level of one of the high street shops.  The Attic was such an interesting shop to have a nosey around I loved the mis-match collection of peices there was just so much to look at I could have spent an afternoon in there.  So much history in one place...my favourite was the bureau full of vintage glass wear.



We nipped into Homer at the Watermill where I fell in love with just about everything.  I particularly loved the big pieces of vintage furniture but Gary quickly steered me towards the lovely fairtrade and somewhat slightly daintier mementos.  I found a gorgeous letter 'H' tag stamped on wood with a leather tie perfect for our key rack.  I could have bought the shop.  I also loved their motto "Make the everyday beautiful".


Back into the car we drove a bit further a long to Kenmore.  The views were amazing.  We spent quite some time on this beach with our two wee dogs when we were here for honeymoon and Gary spent a bit of his childhood weekends in Kenmore so we felt quite at home here.

Across the bridge and a small walk over to The Mains of Taymouth and we came accross another wedding party.  This really would be a beautiful place to get married...we didn't want to seem too 'wedding crasherish' so took a few snaps and headed back to the car! 



 Last stop we had a wander through the gates of Taymouth Castle...looking for a castle which we didn't actually find in the end but we saw some beautiful scenery! The Taymouth Marina is also definitely worth a visit and again some fab photo opportunities.



If you haven't been up this neck of the woods for a while or you are looking for somewhere for a weekender or even a gorgeous place to get married Perthshire has a lot to offer xx