Adore Beauty Pty Ltd

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Do not disturb...make up lesson in progress...


I had the pleasure of spending a morning with my good friend Lynne and her lovely mum Norma to do a make up bag review and a make up lesson.  We had identified a few things the ladies wanted to work on before the lesson for Lynne it was mastering an eye make up look and creating something herself that she could wear day and night.  Norma wanted to really go through her make up collection and decide what was maybe no longer age appropriate or what would and wouldn't work for her.  How brave are these ladies make up free and about to dive into their first lesson!


We started off doing the clear out and wow what a collection of make up these ladies have but both said admittedly they had hardly ever used it.   We were ruthless we got rid of anything that was too old, the wrong shade, that didn't work the way we wanted it to or that I didn't think would work for them.  Here are the rejects...

It's a good idea to do this if you have a make up bag full of products you don't use or don't know how to use.  Embrace the spring clean feeling and get rid of it!  It's only taking up space and breeding bacteria!  Rummaging through old and unused products will just slow you down a clean kit of products you can rely on is the way to go.  We did of course find the good and the bad.  Norma had the perfect neutral palette of warm browns that complement her eye, skintone and hair colour perfectly.  Lynne had her go to primer and foundation that works a treat for her.  It's about finding what works for you and adding in products and tools that make your routine easier & better.


Getting down to business...after we filtered through the vast collection of make up the ladies had I picked out what I thought they should be using as their staple products between that and the goodies I brought along there was plenty to get started with.  We did a combination of demonstration and DIY techniques and both ladies finished a complete look on themselves.  I filled out a face chart (shopping list!) for both detailing products that I think would work for them both. 

Here's my lovely ladies with their completed looks...




Lynne said "I absolutely loved my lesson, learned loads and opened my eyes to doing things in a better way.   I'm no longer terrified to explore the make up section in Boots!!  I used to have a straight in straight out approach or stand staring blankly at the shelves hoping for the right product to leap into my basket. Now I'm happy to wander round and try things because I know what to look for. Amy's lesson was informative and fun. I would recommend the lesson to anyone who knows they need some make up help and for people who want to be excited by make up again!"

Norm said "I really enjoyed the lesson and learned a lot.I had a good overhaul of make up collection which was what I wanted.I found the whole experience enjoyable and enlightening. Friendly approach with honest comments given. Not rushed and relaxed. Lots of information and advice given regarding brushes and foundation and eye make up"

I had a lovely time with Lynne and Norma and we probably could have talked about make up all afternoon it really is a minefield.  Make up to me has always been something I was comfortable with, yes, I haven't always got it right but I have never been scared of experimenting and trying new things.  If it doesn't come quite as easily to you or you want to overhaul your make up bag get in touch with me.  I'm not saying one lesson will teach you everything you might ever need when it comes to make up but it might get you thinking differently about things, push you slightly out your comfort zone were you might be keen to experiment and let you know whatever you are doing isn't wrong there might just be different or even better ways to do it!

Don't forget to follow my DIY series #molmakeuplesson (links below) which is a weekly series to teach you the basic steps in make up and give you some tip offs on tools and products along the way.  Feel free to comment and ask questions if you have any.

*Thanks to Lynne & Norma for being my make up lesson guinea pigs, completing the pre & post lesson homework and giving me honest feedback don't forget that this is a process and getting comfortable doing your make up probably isn't instantaneous but enjoy the practice and don't be afraid and i'm never far away if you need some help!* 

follow the links for....