Adore Beauty Pty Ltd

Friday 11 July 2014

Quick 5 min lesson for Long Lasting lips!

When the weather is warming up and the sun is shining I generally go for a lighter make up look but do like to make my lips a feature. How do I keep my lipstick long lasting?  Follow this quick tutorial for a long lasting lip...
  • I have already prepped my lips with a lip balm as described in my skincare lesson 
  • I like to start with a base so usually blot my foundation brush over my lips to neutralize my lip colour (this is a good step if you have quite pigmented lips) it only needs the tiniest amount of product to do this I am not advocating concealer lips this also gives a bit of staying power  
  • I start by outlining my lips then filling in all over with the same lip pencil then patting the colour in with a finger this gives the lipstick or gloss you are using something to stick on to
  • I then really pack my lip brush with the lip stick of my choice and work it into the lips all over, back and forth, this (along with the liner) creates a stain on your lips
  • If your lips need a little bit of correction (for example you might want to slightly enhance your top lip or you might need to even out your lip line) go back in and do this with your same lip liner
  • For a professional finish clean up around the edges using your concealer brush (again only a tiny bit of product required)
  • You can then top up the lips with a little bit of lipgloss if you like a glossy look or if you want really long lasting blot by placing a tissue over your lips and pressing (not between the lips) and repeat application
  • If you are into highlight (and you should be after my contour & highlight lesson) don't forget to add a dab of your highlighter to your cupids bow to give you an even poutier finish. 
My favourite lip liners-

1. Rimmel Exaggerate in 063 Eastend Snob (a soft mauve toned pink good for teeth whitening!)
2. MAC Lip Pencil in Subculture or No 7 Precision Lips Pencil in Nude (the perfect nudes and a great choice for exaggerating your lipline in a natural way or for using as a base if you don't have a matching liner for your lips)
3.A Clinique chubby stick can be both your liner and lip colour....I prefer the intense range as these have the best colour payoff. 

Have fun! x