Adore Beauty Pty Ltd

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Change.


It's a strange word that isn't it.  To me it's about doing something differently, or something new, it can be exciting but often it involves effort and can involve things we might not necessarily want to.  If I have spoken with you in person this year there is a good chance I have mentioned a change for me that is happening soon and, as a result, a change for Made Over Ladies. On 1st January 2015 my family and I  will arrive in Melbourne, Australia to start out our life there and continue on our journey as a family.  Gary & I have lived there before and it is a time for a change for us, to grasp an opportunity with open arms.  Yip its scary, it's exciting and it's hard work.  When I think about myself I feel like in general I am resistant to change I generally prefer the status-quo because it's safe, comfortable and makes me think of a blankie and a hot cup of tea on a chilly evening. However more recently I've been thinking about change differently and I have been substituting the word change with chance.  There's not much between the words really is there, just a swap out of one little letter.  A change can be tough but a chance feels like something exciting and desirable.  It's something I want to do for myself, for my husband and for my kids.

When we have told people what we are doing there has definitely been mixed reaction and I get that because everyone has their own ideas about what we should and shouldn't do in life or with our lives, where we should be and what we think is the right thing to do.  I've listened to people be shocked, I've been congratulated and told good for you, I've been told it's sad, I've been told I'm lucky, I've been told i'm brave, I've been asked why? I've felt guilt, I've been excited, I've cried and I could go on and on.  I've listened to it all but most of all I've reminded myself of that one newly edited word in my head...chance.

This wasn't meant to be all about me so I'll swiftly move on.  So what does this mean for Made Over Ladies as you know it?  Well I see it as a chance for something new and new opportunity.  Kirsty will continue to work her magic on brides all over Scotland and we have already welcomed a new MUA to our team, Brogan.  With some new exciting projects on the horizon for her and further growth for the MOL team on the cards she's embracing a new challenge and chance.  I will still very much be a part of the Made Over Ladies team and will be focusing on my blog and launching Made Over Ladies Melbourne so I will still very much be a permanent fixture for Made Over Ladies and I hope you can join us, follow us and support us on our new and exciting pathways. To me change is different but it's not the end of something it's a chance to grow.