Adore Beauty Pty Ltd

Sunday 27 September 2015

Fresh Headshots & glitter in my pants (!)

I am so excited to share these images from my Fresh Headshots session with Jessica Roberts, a fab wedding & family photographer based here in Melbourne that I have had the pleasure of meeting.  We are teaming up, along with my friend and colleague on the hair and make up scene Helen Thomson, to offer a lovely pampering, confidence boosting hair & make up session followed up by a 15 minute fun packed one on one shoot with Jessica to provide you with full use of 15-20 of the most gorgeous images to use for your online presence and business...

Here's mine (well some of them as I am keeping a few for a project I have been working on behind the scenes...very excited!) and let me just say I had a ball on my shoot and what a fabulous confidence boost too! To learn more about Jessica and how to book in for your own Fresh Headshot Experience just skip my self indulgence and head straight to the end of the post! 






















I think it's pretty obvious I enjoyed that!!  Afterwards, I had a quick chat with Jessica about life, the universe and us :)

Tell us a little bit about yourself...

I am Mum to two little monkeys, wife to a lovely Gruffelo, photographer of stories and lover of good books and yum food!

What has been the highlight of your career so far? Every time I pick up my camera is a highlight, I love photographing people!

How important do you think a fresh headshot is for your online presence/company profile?

Showing who we are is so important, my whole business is built around who I am and people not only buy into my photography they also are buying into who I am and what I am about. Putting your best foot forward and showing who you are can also attract the right type of people to your business.

Willing to name drop any famous clients or persons of interest you have photographed? 

I’m not great with recognising famous people or treating them any different because famous people are just people after all. However, amongst the many ‘famous’ people I have photographed – I was at a wedding a few years ago which was very small and intimate – the brother in law was Dougie Poynter from the band McFly. I sensed he was a bit rock and roll but he was nice so I got on with my job. When I went to blog the photos I was told by the couple who he was. The day wasn’t about him so I limited the photos of him in the feature. That blog post got the highest hits to date and almost brought my site down.

Any advice on pre-shoot prep to make the most out of your photoshoot?

Relax and enjoy yourself , always remember to breath and relax your shoulders.

“I love being a photographer! I provide a personal, friendly and  professional service whilst always being relaxed. For me it goes above and beyond just providing an awesome service. I document people and their stories in a relaxed and easy way.  My couples and families want relaxed, natural and colourful photography.  I’d love to hear from you!”

Here's how to contact Jessica hello@jessica-roberts.com | +61 466 579-215 | jessica-roberts.com |facebook |instagram



So what do you think? Would you like some of these of your very own. If you are Melbourne based (or can make your way to us) we are holding our first Fresh Headshots day on the 23rd April 2016.  
You will receive:
A professional hair styling session with Helen Thomson, Hair & Fashion Stylist (pop over to Helen's page for some examples of her gorgeous work!)
A professional make up application by Amy Hughes, Made Over & Me
A 15 minute one on one shoot with Jessica Roberts, with full use of 15-20 gorgeous images
Complimentary glitter, confetti & bubbles!
Price $250 to reserve your spot now (or to be added to the mailing list for the next Fresh Headshots day) email me on amy@madeoverladies.com